Continuum of Care
Our hospital specializes in continuing your recovery following an injury, illness or surgery for maximized outcomes and a higher quality of life. We help patients with seamless transitions from their current hospital to our inpatient rehabilitation hospital, and throughout the rehabilitation process. A case manager is assigned to each patient and depending on the illness or injury, the patient may require various levels of treatments to maximize their recovery. No matter what variations of therapy a patient may need, we are here to help every step of the way.
Transition to our hospital for inpatient rehabilitation (overnight stay). Most of the patients we treat have suffered a serious illness or injury including but not limited to stroke, neurological disorders, hip fractures, joint replacements, trauma, amputation, cardiac conditions and pulmonary conditions. The average inpatient length of stay is two weeks, depending on the patient’s rehabilitation needs and progress.
After A Patient’s Discharge Home
After a patient is discharged home, he or she may need to continue rehabilitative in an outpatient setting.
- Half- or full-day programs are available, depending on intensity of program needed
- Day rehabilitation program focuses on mobility and cognitive restoration
- Bridge day community reentry rehabilitation program helps adult patients with brain injuries, who can benefit from cognitive, physical and psychological services.
- Low therapist-to-patient ratio
- Specialized therapists matches specific needs
- Work conditioning focuses on return to work
Contact a HealthSouth Sunrise liaison or call 954 749-0300.